Though San Francisco may not be nearly as cold as the rest of the country, we’ve definitely been enjoying the warmth of a big pot of baked potato soup this week. As I prepare the recipe to share with you next week, some of our friends have shared their very favorite cold weather soups to keep your souls warm and bellies full.
- Our Creamy Tortellini Soup is a personal favorite when we’re looking to throw something different into the dinner mix.
- Courtney of Cook Like a Champion shares her favorite French Onion Soup describing it as “slow cooked onions, bread and cheese. It’s basically a cold-weather dream dinner.” We agree!
- Sylvie of Gourmande in the Kitchen shares her Winter Greens Egg Soup saying “this brothy egg soup made with ribbons of kale will warm and soothe you during the winter months.” We love this unique use of kale.
- Carolyn over at All Day I Dream About Food shared a delicious Low Carb Chipotle Chicken Chowder. She says “this is my take on a canned soup my husband loves. It’s healthified but it has all the great flavours of the original!” We think your husband has great taste!
- Deb of Cooking on the Front Burner shared her Spinach Chicken Orzo Soup. Deb says “I love this because it’s a different twist on chicken noodle soup and good for what ails ya!” Sounds like the perfect recipe to have on hand as we combat the cold and flu season!