creamy tortellini soup
Warm up chilly fall nights with this simple slow cooker recipe for Creamy Tortellini Soup .
It is finally feeling like Fall around here. The leaves outside our window are changing into deep reds and yellows, the dense fog that we have come to know and love has settled between the buildings and when the sun decides to come out the air is still crisp and chilled. I love it. Nothing makes me happier during these days than oversized mugs of coffee and bowls of piping hot soup. This creamy tortellini soup is one of my favorite recipes as it definitely adds variety to the rotation by breaking the traditional soup mold.
- 1.6 ounce envelope of alfredo sauce mix
- 4 cups water
- 14 ounces vegetable broth
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces cheese tortellini
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- Ground black pepper
- Add alfredo sauce mix, water and vegetable broth to slow cooker and whisk until smooth. Stir in broth, mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, salt, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours or high for 3 hours. If you happen to be home, a stir mid-cook time is helpful to keep the mushrooms moist but not crucial.
- Stir in tortellini and cook on low for an additional hour on low or for an additional 30 minutes on high. Add about thirty minutes to both cook times if your pasta is dried as opposed to fresh.
- Just before serving, stir in evaporated milk and spinach leaves until well combined.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of fresh ground black pepper and enjoy!