peanut butter m&m cookies
Milk chocolate M&Ms add a sweet crunch to these melt in your mouth peanut butter cookies. Cupid adds a festive touch with coordinating Valentine jimmies and sprinkles.
This recipe for Peanut Butter M&M Cookies is easily one of my favorite peanut butter cookie recipes. The cookies are pillowy soft and studded with the perfectly sweet crunch of milk chocolate M&Ms. They’re topped with festive sprinkles because you can never go wrong by adding sprinkles. These cookies can easily be customized to suit any holiday or themed event, but I just adore the bright colors of the Valentine M&M mix.
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups M&Ms
- Assorted sprinkles for decorating
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy. Add peanut butter, egg and vanilla extract and beat until fully combined.
- Gradually add flour, baking soda and salt while mixing until dough forms.
- Fold in M&Ms by hand and chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Drop dough balls by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets approximately two inches apart.
- Gently press down on the dough to create a flat surface. Decorate with two to three additional M&Ms and sprinkles of choice.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cookies may appear slightly underdone, but will set up when cooled.
- Allow to cool completely before transfering to an airtight container to store for up to one week.