chocolate peanut butter gingerbread men
Using festive silicone molds to create delicious chocolates and barks is one of my favorite ways to spread holiday cheer each year.
I have a silicone mold addiction. I have about six different snowflake shaped molds alone and we won’t even get started on all of the other holidays. So it’s no surprise that the strategically placed Gingerbread Men mold at the Sur la Table checkout counter just had to come home with me. There was no way I could say no to their sweet faces.
Silicone molds are great for making cute chocolates in bulk. Their intricate cavities allow you to mold festive sweets with minimal decorating effort. Once the chocolate is set, the chocolates are easy to un-mold and package for gifting. A cellophane bag and some coordinating curly ribbon complete the package perfectly.
My usual peppermint bark recipe just didn’t seem to fit the personalities of these little guys so I decided to go with a chocolate and peanut butter combination. I mean, who doesn’t love chocolate and peanut butter? The contrast of the dark chocolate and creamy peanut butter tastes just as good as it looks. They turned out absolutely darling if you ask me!
- 1 (12-oz) bag dark chocolate candy melts
- 1 (12-oz) bag peanut butter candy melts
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave dark chocolate candy melts in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until smooth.
- Using a spoon or small cookie scoop, drop a spoonful of chocolate into each cavity. Repeatedly tap the mold onto a hard flat surface to distribute chocolate in an even layer and remove air bubbles.
- Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes to allow chocolate to set.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, microwave peanut butter melts in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until smooth.
- Drop a spoonful of peanut butter on top of the chocolate layer and repeat process of tapping mold until candy surface is flat and air bubbles removed.
- Refrigerate for an additional 5-10 minutes until candy is completely hardened. Carefully stretch sides of mold away from chocolate to remove.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or package for gifting.
Wilton Candy Melting Pot
Sur la Table Gingerbread Ice Tray
Wilton Silicone 24-Cavity Gingerbread Boy Mold
OXO Good Grips Small Cookie Scoop