s’mores ice cream cupcakes
Chocolate marshmallow cupcakes topped with campfire s’mores ice cream and a splash of fudge magic shell were a sweet addition to this week’s birthday celebrations.
Birthdays in my world are kind of a big deal. You may celebrate them all month long without judgement if you so choose and you will always get your favorite dessert baked by yours truly. Several years ago, Z’s birthday happened to fall right before a big move. An already packed kitchen and an empty pantry left me no choice but to purchase an ice cream cake from Cold Stone instead of my usual homemade treat. Having since returned to my birthday baking ritual for the last several years, you can only imagine the horror when the birthday boy requested another Cold Stone cake this year.
Not being one to disappoint (and totally using the excuse that the nearest Cold Stone is another county away), I set out on a mission to create the perfect ice cream cake. I wanted the ease of making cupcakes and decided that I would pick the flavor combinations after seeing the selection of ice cream and magic shells available at our local supermarket. After seeing the new HERSHEY’S s’mores deluxe cupcake mix I just knew that was the direction I was headed. Luckily the Dreyers campfire s’mores ice cream was also in stock and you can’t go wrong with chocolate fudge magic shell.
The cupcake mix comes with ingredients for a graham cracker crust, a chocolate cake and a marshmallow filling. The campfire s’mores ice cream is a silky chocolate ice cream base packed with mini marshmallows, chocolate chunks and delightfully salty graham crackers. These two would be delicious on their own, but paired together were absolutely incredible. The flavor combination of these particular cupcakes is out of this world, but I hope this also inspires you to play around with other combinations. All you need is cupcakes, ice cream and magic shell to make stunning ice cream cupcakes fit for any special celebration!
- 1 package HERSHEY'S S'mores Cupcake Mix
- 1 carton (48 oz) Dreyer's Campfire S'mores Ice Cream
- Chocolate Fudge Magic Shell
- sprinkles for decorating
- Bake cupcakes according to package directions. Allow to cool completely before proceeding. For easiest transport, leave cupcakes in muffin tin throughout entire assembly.
- Once cooled, scoop a round scoop of ice cream on top of each cupcake. Freeze immediately for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and top with a generous pour of magic shell and sprinkles. If using candles, insert prior to magic shell hardening. Return to freezer until ready to serve.
- To serve, remove from freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften the cake.