chocolate marshmallow shamrock pops
These Chocolate Marshmallow Shamrock Pops are as easy to make as they are delicious. They would be perfect for a St. Patrick’s Day dessert table or individually wrapped for spreading good luck!
At first glance, these shamrocks look like your typical chocolate lollipop, but with just one bite a bright green marshmallow center is revealed. Although you could totally make your own marshmallow, this recipe aimed at simplicity and uses only three ingredients – chocolate melts, miniature marshmallows and green food coloring. Spread the luck of the Irish this St. Patrick’s Day by making these Chocolate Shamrock Marshmallow Pops for classmates, friends and coworkers.
- Dark chocolate melting wafers
- Miniature marshmallows
- Green food coloring
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave chocolate melting wafers in 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Spread a generous layer of chocolate in each cavity of your shamrock molds making sure to coat sides well. Dip the end of your lollipop stick or paper straws in chocolate and place into cavity so that ¾ of the shamrock contains the end of the stick.
- While the chocolate is setting, microwave miniature marshmallows in a separate microwave safe bowl in ten second increments. Add a few drops of green food coloring and stir until smooth.
- Working quickly, as the marshmallow will set fast, transfer marshmallow to a plastic piping bag. Cut off the tip and pipe marshmallow into the center of each cavity until they are approximately ⅔ full.
- CAUTION: melted marshmallow gets hot - wrap a dishtowel around piping bag if necessary. Piping bag can be re-heated in 5 second intervals if marshmallow starts to set.
- Cover marshmallow and completely fill each cavity with remaining melted chocolate, reheating as needed.
- Gently tap mold on flat surface to release any bubbles and allow chocolate to settle.
- Allow to harden completely either at room temperature or in the refrigerator before carefully un-molding.
Shamrock Lollipop Molds
Green Striped Straws
If using colored straws instead of lollipop sticks, they will likely be a bit larger in diameter. A piece of Washi tape will help keep the straws in place and can be easily removed after the chocolate sets.