What’s not to love about this combination of flan and cake? The cake is porous, allowing it to soak up all of the delicious dulce de leche while the flan perfectly sets into a silky custard that just begs your spoon to glide through it bite after bite.
- 13.4 oz can dulce de leche
- 3 eggs
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon mexican vanilla
- 1 box yellow cake mix*
- 1¼ cup water (or as advised by your mix)
- ⅓ cup canola oil (or as advised by your mix)
- 3 additional large eggs (or as advised by your mix)
- Whipped Cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Pour dulce de leche evenly over bottom of bundt pan and set aside.
- Beat together 3 eggs, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and mexican vanilla with either a hand mixer or stand mixer until well combined. Pour evenly over dulce de leche layer.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions with water, oil and eggs. Pour evenly over the flan mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely for at least 30 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. (I recommend chilling in the refrigerator prior to inversion and serving).
- Top slices with homemade whipped cream and enjoy!