chocolate dipped strawberry spritz cookies
Strawberry jam gives the classic spritz cookie a kiss of natural strawberry flavor while a quick dip in rich dark chocolate makes these cookies just perfect for Valentine’s Day.
Chocolate dipped strawberries are a traditional Valentine’s Day treat. These Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Spritz Cookies make it easy to gift this seasonal flavor combination as one batch will feed an army and they don’t require refrigeration. Spritz cookies also ship beautifully making them ideal to ship to loved ones far away. Like most spritz recipes the flavoring is light, preventing it from overpowering the delicate cookie base. Dipping just half of the cookie in rich dark chocolate was the sweet addition that these cookies needed to make them an elegant display of love.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 3-4 drops burgundy or red food coloring
- 1 cup dark chocolate melting wafers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cream together shortening and egg. Gradually mix in the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder until well combined.
- Add strawberry jam and mix well. Add food coloring to desired color.
- Put through the cookie press onto cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 8-10 minutes or until very light brown and set.
- Microwave chocolate melting wafers in 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip half of each cookie in melted chocolate and transfer to parchment paper to set.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
OXO Good Grips Cookie Press with Disk Storage Case – includes the single large heart disk
OXO Good Grips Cookie Press Springtime Disk Set – includes the small double hearts disk