An impressive addition to any holiday cheese spread, Honey Toffee Mascarpone is my favorite contribution to culinary gatherings due to its versatility as either an appetizer or a dessert.
Honey Toffee Mascarpone was inspired by the flavors of the toffee mascarpone from the Mozzarella Co in Dallas, Texas. If you happen to be a Dallas local, please do yourself a favor and head over to their quaint factory and pick yourself up a treat. Since this is no longer an option for me, I decided to find a solution I could create at home here in California.
The mascarpone is a slightly sweet spread that makes a lovely dessert cheese paired with apples and sweet crackers, but isn’t so sweet that it can’t be the star of your appetizer spread as well. For an appetizer, it pairs beautifully with sweet and savory crackers like Trader Joe’s Rosemary Raisin Crackers pictured above. It’s simple, yet sophisticated and is a must try for your next gathering.
- 8 oz fresh mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons toffee bits*
- *I use the Heath toffee baking bits (without milk chocolate)
- Stir all three ingredients together. Chill at least two hours before serving with your favorite crackers.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use shelf life of mascarpone as your guide.