Dark Molasses and Guinness Irish beer make a delicious bread fit for any St. Patrick’s Day celebration. This one bowl recipe is quick to mix together and doesn’t require any rise time – perfect for a lazy weekend breakfast or paired alongside a hearty Irish stew.
DARK MOLASSES GUINNESS IRISH BEER BREAD
- 3 cups self rising flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces New Belgium 1554 Enlightened Black Ale
- ⅓ cup dark molasses
- pad of butter for preparing loaf pan
- 3-4 tablespoons rolled oats for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 9×5″ loaf pan thoroughly with butter and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt.
- Add Guinness and stir until loosely combined. Avoid over mixing or your batter will deflate.
- Add the molasses and stir until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and sprinkle top with rolled oats.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until crust has formed and a toothpick inserted into the highest point comes out clean.
- Serve immediately or toasted with a smear of honey butter.