chocolate raspberry spritz teddy bears
Say ‘I love you’ with Chocolate Raspberry Spritz Teddy Bears. A cookie press and heart-shaped sprinkles make it easy to create dozens of adorable teddy bear cookies ready to spread joy this Valentine’s Day.
These may be my very favorite spritz cookies to date. They totally remind me of the oversized stuffed bears that every tween longed for each Valentine’s Day. Nothing said ‘I love you’ like carrying a giant teddy bear and bouquet of balloons through the halls during the school day. These cookies are equally cute and won’t leave you wondering what to do with said giant bear a few weeks later. Heck, you’re lucky if these last just a few days they’re so delicious!
- 1½ cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon raspberry extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Heart sprinkles for decorating
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add raspberry extract and eggs, one at a time, and beat until smooth.
- Gradually add flour and cocoa ½ cup at a time, mixing until a soft dough is formed.
- Fill cookie press with dough and spritz using teddy bear disk onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Add heart sprinkles prior to baking.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges are slightly darker and set.
- Allow to cool slightly and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to one week.
OXO Good Grips Cookie Press with Disk Storage Case – includes the bear disk
Wilton Jumbo Hearts Sprinkles