peppermint bark OREOs
Festive red OREOs are coated in peppermint white chocolate and crushed candy canes to create deliciously simple Peppermint Bark OREOs.
I adore seasonal treats that can be quickly thrown together, tied up with ribbon and gifted at the drop of the hat. I try to keep a few of these ‘recipes’ in my arsenal for last minute gift giving needs that may arise and anything involving melted chocolate is clearly a winner. These Peppermint OREOs are fast, festive and pretty tasty if you ask me!
- 1 package holiday OREOs
- 1 12-ounce package white candy melts
- 1 Tablespoon peppermint extract
- 2-3 candy canes, crushed
- optional red sprinkles to add color
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt candy melts in 30 second intervals. Stir between each interval and repeat until smooth. Add peppermint extract and stir until fully combined.
- Dip each cookie in melted chocolate, coating all sides completely. Lift from chocolate with fork and tap to remove excess chocolate. I find running an offset spatula under the fork/cookie helps get the last of the chocolate off for a clean transfer.
- Transfer cookies to silicone mat or wax paper, sprinkle with crushed candy canes and sprinkles, and allow to harden completely.
- Package in clear cellophane bags tied with coordinating ribbon and share with others to spread some holiday cheer!