cotton candy spritz cookies #BeAGoodCookie
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and I am thrilled to have partnered with OXO to support Cookies for Kids’ Cancer by baking up these adorable Cotton Candy Spritz Cookies.
When dreaming up the perfect cookie to join OXO in raising awareness and donations for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, my beloved OXO Good Grips Cookie Press was the obvious tool of choice. And because I could not think of a more iconic childhood sweet than cotton candy, these adorable Cotton Candy Spritz Teddy Bears were born. I can also assure you that they are as fun to eat as they are to look at, making them one of my favorite flavored spritz cookies to date.
Cotton Candy flavoring can be purchased from LorAnn Oils and really gives these sugar cookies that pop of something special. As an added bonus, brightly colored heart quins give these sweet bears a Care Bear like persona, making them a delightful treat for a little girl’s birthday party. Be a good cookie and pick up an OXO Cookie Press to make these adorable Cotton Candy Spritz Cookies and know that your purchase is helping to support Cookies for Kids’ Cancer!
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon LorAnn cotton candy flavor oil
- pink, blue and purple food coloring
- small heart quins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cream together shortening and egg. Gradually mix in the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder until well combined.
- Add cotton candy flavor oil and mix well. Divide dough into thirds and add food coloring to desired color.
- Put through the cookie press onto cookie sheets. Place a single heart pearl onto each bear's tummy.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 -12 minutes or until very light brown and set.
Cookies for Kids’ Cancer shares how you can #BeAGoodCookie this September:
- Bake a Difference with OXO: Update and add to your OXO kitchen gadget collection by purchasing one of thespecially-marked items at a retailer near you. Your purchase of each specially-marked item triggers a donation from OXO to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer as part of OXO’s $100,000 commitment. From cookie scoops to spatulas, look for the green OXO Good Cookie sticker to be part of “baking a difference.”
- Host an Event and Double your Support: In addition to helping you have the latest and greatest in kitchen tools, OXO has another way to help you make a bigger difference this September. Now through December 31, OXO will give up to $100,000 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer through event matches, product sales, and other fundraising efforts. Host a bake sale, organize a charity yard sale, get your school or church involved…whatever works for you! Register now!
- Dress for Success with ASICS: Shop the exclusive ASICS Cookies for Kids’ Cancer line of shoes and accessories, which includes options for both kids and adults. ASICS makes the only shoe dedicated to childhood cancer awareness, complete with a gold ribbon stitched on the back. Don’t delay – last year the collection sold out in a matter of days! Dash to your local retailer or order online today.
- Grab a Sweet Treat at Nestle Toll House Café: Beginning September 13 (Childhood Cancer Awareness Day), over 100 Nestle Toll House Café locations around the country will kick off a month-long promotion for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. Make a donation to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer when you purchase an ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookie, and receive $1 off your next Nestle Toll House Café treat!
- Get Your Chocolate Fix with Brownie Brittle: Send your children a chocolaty treat with their lunch, or cap off a tough day at the office with a bag of Brownie Brittle. Keep an eye out for the green Cookies for Kids’ Cancer logo on the bag and know that you are helping kids with every bite.
- Order Up Salty & Sweet through Momofuku Milk Bar: What happens when you mix pretzels, potato chips, coffee, oats, butterscotch, and chocolate chips? You get the Compost Cookie, made famous by top pastry chef, bakery owner, and Cookies for Kids’ Cancer board member, Christina Tosi. After you stop drooling over that sweet and salty ingredient list, order your own tin of Compost Cookies, and $1 from each tin will be donated to childhood cancer research in September.
- Run…or walk, or bike or swim: Now that you have eaten all the goodies from Nestle, Brownie Brittle, and Momofuku Milk Bar, it is time to lace up those exclusive ASICS shoes and get moving for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer! Sign up for a local race and ask friends to support your efforts by giving a donation. We’ll give you your own online fundraising page so you can track how you are making every step count.
- Update your Good Cookie Wardrobe: We have a new look! Spread the word about Cookies for Kids’ Cancer by purchasing one of our brand-new Be A Good Cookie tees. Our Gift Shop is a one-stop shop for your entire family. #BeAGoodCookie
- Send Cookies: Earn “Good Cookie” points with in-laws, co-workers, friends, or your child’s teacher. Order a box of our delicious, all-natural cookies and feel good knowing 100% of the profits go to childhood cancer research. You don’t even have to turn on the oven!
- Make a Gift: When you choose to donate to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, you are helping fund critically needed childhood cancer research to find safer, more effective treatments. YOU ARE GIVING HOPE. Thank you for making a difference.