winter wonderland almond spritz cookies
Snowflake quins and pearl sugar are simply perfect for making holiday-neutral winter wonderland almond spritz cookies.
Almond Sprtiz Trees have been a Christmas tradition in our family long before I came around. Since this year’s Holiday Cookie Boxes were being gifted to friends of multiple religions I wanted to give my beloved recipe a holiday-neutral makeover so that they could be included. Swapping ornaments for snow and a candy star for a snowflake quin resulted in the coziest winter wonderland forest.
These Winter Wonderland Almond Spritz Cookies are great for celebrating the ‘winter holidays’ with traditional recipes. The snow capped firs are just as adorable as their Christmas tree cousins if you ask me!
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- green food coloring
- snowflake quins
- pearl sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cream together shortening and egg. Gradually mix in the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder until well combined.
- Add almond extract and mix well. Add food coloring to desired color.
- Put through the cookie press onto cookie sheets. Place a single snowflake quin atop each tree and sprinkle with pearl sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 -12 minutes or until very light brown and set.
OXO Good Grips Cookie Press