white chocolate pudding m&m cookies
Soft and chewy white chocolate pudding cookies are the perfect compliment to the crunch of sweet milk chocolate M&M candies.
Happy almost Labor Day! Do you have any big plans this weekend? Life has continued on the path of extremely hectic this past month so my celebrations include doing absolutely nothing over the long weekend. But isn’t that what Labor Day is all about? Thankfully for you, there is always time for cookies and these cookies are delicious. Stop by an end of summer picnic with these and you’ll remain everyone’s favorite person well into fall.
I had been dying to try pudding cookies for a while and, just like I was promised, these have the perfect chew and a hint of flavor from the pudding. When I spotted the Hershey’s white chocolate instant pudding mix I just knew it would be a great compliment to the milk chocolate M&Ms in these cookies. The added pudding will leave your taste testers wondering what exactly makes these cookies so unique and delicious, but don’t worry, your secret is safe with me.
I’ll keep this short and sweet – this recipe did not disappoint! May you all have a chance to relax and enjoy the weekend and indulge in a sweet bite or two.
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Hershey's white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups M&M candies
- In the stand of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars on medium high speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Gradually add flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt and mix on low until fully combined.
- Remove bowl from mixer and carefully fold in M&M candies until evenly distributed.
- Cover and chill dough for at least an hour before baking.
- To bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Scoop golf ball sized mounds approximately two inches apart on cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 11 minutes until edges and bottoms are just slightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes on pan before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container for up to one week.