tully’s aloha double chocolate chunk cookies
In celebration of the much-anticipated revitalization project of San Diego’s Butterfly Park, a very special cookie recipe was developed featuring Tully’s Hawaiian Blend Coffee. Rich chocolate espresso cookies are studded with sweet white chocolate chips and crunchy macadamia nuts in this delicious celebratory treat.
TULLY'S ALOHA DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
Yields: 36 cookies
- 4 ounces semi-sweet bakers’ chocolate
- 2 tablespoons finely ground Tully’s Hawaiian Blend Coffee grounds
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Melt chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a double boiler until smooth. Stir in coffee grounds and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets with silicone mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Gently mix in prepared chocolate mixture followed by the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
- Fold white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts into dough until evenly distributed.
- Using a one-inch cookie scoop or heaping tablespoon, drop dough approximately two inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes or until middles of cookies no longer appear wet.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to one week.