three ginger gingersnaps
Ginger fans will fall in love with the spicy flavor of these crispy, chewy, Three Ginger Gingersnaps.
I have been making these Three Ginger Gingersnaps for several years now and they are one of my very favorite recipes for filling my Baked With Love holiday cookie boxes. They are packed with sweet and spicy seasonal flavors and are just stunning for gifting. Tie them up in a cellophane bags; box them with an assortment of cookies and candies; or simply plate them for office grazing. However you choose to share these Three Ginger Gingersnaps, we guarantee they’ll be warmly received!
Why are these cookies so amazing you ask? For starters, they incorporate ground, fresh, and crystalized ginger which means every bite is packed with spicy holiday love. You can absolutely roll these in granulated sugar, but I highly recommend coarse sanding sugar to give them a festive sparkle. The extra crunch of sanding sugar paired with the chewy molasses cookie is complete perfection in my book.
This recipe makes quite a few cookies which makes it an ideal recipe for sharing. Spoil your friends and family by making a batch of Three Ginger Gingersnaps for your next winter gathering, cookie exchange, or just because you can never go wrong sharing delicious holiday love!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup unsulfured mild or full-flavored molasses
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely minced or grated fresh ginger root
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Large crystal white sanding sugar for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and salt and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Combine the warm butter, molasses, both sugars, fresh ginger, and the egg in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Add the flour mixture and chopped candied ginger and stir until incorporated.
- Chill dough for at least an hour.
- Scoop dough into one-inch balls, roll in sanding sugar, and place 3 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cookies will be puffed up and will crack and deflate when removed from oven. This yields optimum chewiness.
Ginger People Organic Crystallized Ginger
OXO Good Grips Small Cookie Scoop