texas trash party mix recipe
Texas Trash is the perfect party mix for snacking on while watching football playoffs. This spicy mix of cereals, small crackers, and pecans couldn’t be any easier thanks to the convenience of your slow cooker.
Homemade party mix is the only way to go when it comes to football playoff snacking. You get exactly the combination of snacks that makes you happy and you can bump up or turn down the spice just how you like it. Don’t worry if football isn’t your thing, Texas Trash is also perfect for snacking on during your latest Netflix binge. (I’m looking at you Making a Murderer.)
This recipe couldn’t be any easier thanks to the convenience of making it in a slow cooker. It only takes about three hours to achieve optimum crunch and is fairly low maintenance. I suggest stirring about once an hour to ensure the snacks toast evenly, much less frequent than the traditional oven method. I encourage you to use a mix of whatever cereals, small crackers, or nuts suit your fancy, but for a true Texas experience I definitely suggest using pecan halves as your nut.
If you’re hosting a game day party or just looking for a cozy winter snack, give our Texas Trash party mix a try!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup Cheez Its
- 1 cup mini saltine crackers
- 1 cup pretzels
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Whisk together melted butter, salts, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and Tobasco sauce until well combined.
- Place remaining ingredients in slow cooker and drizzle with butter mixture. Toss to coat evenly.
- Cook on low for 3 hours, stirring every hour for even cooking.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in airtight container or zip top bag.
Our favorite Slow Cooker