super bowl brownies
Score a game day win with these quick and easy football shaped brownies.
- 1 package of brownie mix, plus required ingredients
- ½ cup white candy melts
- Line a 9x13 inch cake pan with parchment paper, making sure to cover all sides.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake according to package directions, subtracting 5-10 minutes from bake time if original recipe called for an 8x8 or 9x9 inch cake pan. Cool completely before lifting brownies onto a cutting board.
- Using a football-shaped cookie cutter, cut out brownies. Save scraps for snacking or ice cream toppings.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt candy melts in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Transfer melted candy to a piping bag or squeeze bottle fitted with a number 3 tip to add laces to footballs.
- Allow to set completely before packaging or transferring to an airtight container.
If gifting as game day favors or sharing on the go, small cellophane bags tied with curly ribbon are a quick packaging option.
Keep ribbon neutral with a simple green or stir up a rivalry with competing teams’ colors.
Squeeze bottles which accomodate standard decorating tips make decorating with chocolate a breeze.