strawberry rice krispies treats
Rice Krispies Treats and summer picnics go hand in hand. Give your next batch a splash of color and a burst of flavor this summer by giving them a strawberry twist.
I had a bag of Jet-Puffed Strawberry Mallows hanging out in our pantry just waiting for the perfect kitchen adventure. During a recent
therapy session shopping trip to Target I came across freeze-dried fruits in their snack aisle and just knew that dried strawberries were soon to join forces with my strawberry mallows to create some festive summer Rice Krispies Treats. The strawberry mallows surprisingly did not have an overwhelmingly artificial flavor as I had expected and the addition of the freeze dried berries kept the treats tasting bright and fresh. Not only are these Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats pretty tasty, but they would be a festive addition to your next red, white and blue picnic dessert table.
- 8 ounce package Jet-Puffed Strawberry Mallows
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 ounce package freeze-dried strawberries
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add strawberry mallows and stir until just melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies and freeze-dried strawberries. Stir until well coated.
- Spray a large spatula with cooking spray and use to press mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.