star wars millennium falcon peppermint bark
Celebrate the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens with this amazing Millennium Falcon Peppermint Bark! Rich dark chocolate is layered with smooth white chocolate and crushed candy canes to create a traditional peppermint bark with a fun twist for your favorite Star Wars Fan.
It’s here! Midnight tonight marks the official release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Do you have tickets yet? Were you one of the lucky ones to get a sneak preview? We decided we’re far too old for midnight showings and standing in line so we have seats reserved for tomorrow evening at a more reasonable hour. I promise to share two awesome recipes for celebrating the premier if you promise not to share spoilers with me!
First up is this adorable Millennium Falcon Peppermint Bark. I was blown away by how detailed the molds were and how well they turned out. Seriously, if you have a Star Wars fan in your life you must make these – they’re too easy not to!
All you need is some chocolate, crushed candy canes, and a stellar mold. Thanks to the magic of Amazon Prime, you can have that mold on your doorstep in 2 just days and with free shipping. Peppermint Bark is one of my favorite edible gifts as it packs a punch of winter flavor and can be molded into any shape you desire, making it just perfect for personalized gifts. If you’re as excited as we are for the premier of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, you must make a batch of Millennium Falcon Peppermint Bark to celebrate the momentous occasion.
- 1 (12-oz) bag dark chocolate candy melts
- 1 (12-oz) bag white chocolate candy melts
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- crushed peppermint candies
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave dark chocolate candy melts in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until smooth.
- Using a spoon or small cookie scoop, drop a spoonful of chocolate into each cavity. Repeatedly tap the mold onto a hard flat surface to distribute chocolate in an even layer and remove air bubbles.
- Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes to allow chocolate to set.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, microwave white chocolate candy melts in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until smooth. Stir in peppermint extract until well combined.
- Drop a spoonful of white chocolate on top of the dark chocolate layer and repeat process of tapping mold until candy surface is flat and air bubbles removed. Coat surface with a sprinkling of crushed peppermint candies.
- Refrigerate for an additional 5-10 minutes until candy is completely hardened. Carefully stretch sides of mold away from chocolate to remove.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or package for gifting.
Star Wars Millennium Falcon Silicone Mold