raspberry blossom cookies
Sweet raspberry chocolate candies are perfectly hugged by the slightly tart raspberry shortbread of these Raspberry Blossom Cookies.
RASPBERRY BLOSSOM COOKIES
Yields: approximately 3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup seedless raspberry preserves
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2¼ cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar for rolling cookies
- 36 raspberry flavored Hershey's Hugs
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter, confectioner's sugar and salt together until light and fluffy. About 2 minutes.
- Add raspberry preserves and almond extract. Mix until fully combined.
- Slowly add flour, mixing at medium speed between each addition, until fully incorporated.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls, roll in granulated sugar, and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, remove from oven, squish Hershey's hug onto the top of each cookie and return to oven to bake an additional 2-3 minutes until bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Eat as many as you possibly can while the kiss is still warm and melty.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.