peeps chocolate speckled eggs
Easy to make and fun to give, these PEEPS Chocolate Speckled Eggs are bursting with spring colors and personality.
The Wilton silicone PEEPS mold turned out to be the perfect addition to this year’s Easter baking arsenal. I picked the silicone mold so that I could make both baked goods and molded chocolate. The Mini PEEPS Cakes turned out adorable and these molded chocolate PEEPS Bunnies are even easier to make and just as darling. The bunnies are too cute on their own, but I loved the contrast of nestling them in a chocolate egg with pastel sprinkles.
Drop them in a cellophane treat sack and tie with a coordinating bow for an impressive homemade addition to this year’s Easter sweets. These are perfect for filling Easter baskets or passing out to friends or teachers. Give your eggs extra personality by switching up the candy melts and types of sprinkles used.
- Dark chocolate candy melts
- Assorted colored candy melts
- Assorted sprinkles
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt colored candy melts in 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Spoon into bunny cavities of Wilton silicone PEEPS mold so that bunnies are approximately ¼-inch thick.
- Tap mold against countertop to release air bubbles and distribute in an even layer.
- Allow to set completely before carefully removing from mold.
- Use the back end of a toothpick to dab melted chocolate into each eye and nose indentation.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate candy melts in 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Place egg cookie cutter onto baking sheet and spoon melted chocolate inside. Spread to approximately ¼-inch thick.
- Nestle a PEEPS bunny into the center of the egg and sprinkle the surface with assorted sprinkles.
- Carefully tap baking sheet on countertop to release air bubbles and allow surface to even out.
- Allow to set completely before carefully removing from cookie cutter mold.
Wilton Silicone PEEPS Mold
Easter Egg Cookie Cutter