patriotic s’mores cookies
Store bought mini graham crackers dipped in chocolate and marshmallow candy melts are a deliciously easy way to make patriotic treats this Independence Day.
I have been on a total snack kick lately with all of the travel that I have been doing for work. I’m normally not one to snack very much throughout the day, but I definitely like keeping homemade treats in my bags when I travel to combat unexpected delays and avoid costly airport options. When I picked up the Star Grahams for the Campfire Trail Mix I immediately started brainstorming patriotic treats for the upcoming holiday. It’s no secret that I love anything s’mores flavored and thus these unbelievably easy Patriotic S’mores Cookies were born.
Can’t find the Stars Grahams? No problem, try the Goldfish Grahams or any other mini graham cracker. Use up any sprinkles you may have on hand, fireworks don’t have to be just red white and blue! Perfect for both kids and adults, bring these to your next picnic or curb the late night munchies while waiting for the fireworks to begin this weekend. These Patriotic S’mores Cookies are sure to be a sweet addition to any celebration.
- Mini Graham Crackers
- Dark Chocolate Candy Melts
- Marshmallow Candy Melts
- Red and Blue Jimmies
- In separate bowls, melt dark chocolate and marshmallow candy melts according to package directions.
- Divide grahams into three equal piles. Dip one third of the grahams in dark chocolate and one third in marshmallow. Transfer to parchment paper to set.
- Immediately sprinkle dipped grahams with jimmies of choice and allow to set completely.
- Once set, mix dipped grahams with remaining third of plain grahams and store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Star Grahams found at Safeway.
Dark Chocolate and Marshmallow Candy Melts by Wilton are available at local craft and baking supply stores.