“The wand chooses the wizard… it’s not always clear why.”
The rustic touch to this recipe yields delicious and unique snacks. Just like Ollivander’s, no two wands are exactly alike. Don’t look away, these wands will perform a disappearing act of their own as I dare you to eat just one!
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Unfold each sheet of puff pastry onto a large piece of parchment or butcher paper.
- In a small bowl, toss together cheeses, cayenne pepper, salt and a few cracks of black pepper.
- Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over each sheet of puff pastry.
- Use a rolling pin to gently roll over the top of each sheet of puff pastry, pressing cheese mixture into pastry.
- Cut puff pastry into narrow strips with a pizza cutter or sharp knife.
- Take each strip and twist both ends until a tight corkscrew is formed. Place on prepared baking sheets about an inch apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before carefully removing from the baking sheets.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week if not serving immediately.
MORE WIZARDLY MAGIC
Photos from Hogwarts and Hogsmeade
Recipe for Pepperimint Toads + Chocolate Frogs
Recipe for Butterbeer