Peanut butter Reese’s Pieces and oatmeal are a sweet combination, but this cookie dough would be the perfect base for any of your leftover Halloween candy.
OATMEAL REESE’S PIECES COOKIES
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups oats (rolled or “quick,” but not “instant”)
- 2 cups Reese’s Pieces (or any other candy; larger bars should be roughly chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the milk and the vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. With the mixer on low speed, gradually beat the flour into the sugar mixture until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the oats and Reese’s Pieces by hand.
- Scoop 1-inch balls of dough onto the cookie sheet, placing about two inches apart so that they have room to spread.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown around the edges and set in the center.
- Cool on baking sheet for at least 1-2 minutes before transfering to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.