When mixed with creamy peanut butter, melted candy corn have a spooky resemblance to Butterfinger candy bars. Simply use a 3 to 1 ratio of melted candy corn to peanut butter, top with melted chocolate, cool and serve. Done. Easy. Delicious.
- 3 cups candy corn
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup rice crispies (optional)
- Chocolate melts or chocolate chips
- Line a 9x9 cake pan with foil, making sure to cover all sides.
- In a microwave safe dish, melt candy corns on 30 second intervals, checking and stirring frequently.
- Immediately stir in peanut butter and rice crispies, if using, until fully combined.
- Press peanut butter mixture firmly into the bottom of your prepared pan and set aside.
- Melt candy melts or chocolate chips and spread over peanut butter in an even layer.
- Allow to harden completely and cut into bite sized bars.
- Spray the inside of your microwave safe dish with cooking oil for easy cleanup.
- There is a very fine line between melted candy corn and ‘hard ball stage’ candy corn. Microwave in 30 second intervals and stir frequently!
- Add the peanut butter immediately after the candy corn is removed from the microwave. 10 seconds back in the microwave can help achieve a smoother consistency if your mixture clumps.
Silicone molds are perfect for making these sticky treats. I used an appropriately themed pumpkin shape and my candies just popped right out when hardened.