hawaiian french toast
Dish up an award winning performance worthy of the red carpet with this King’s Hawaiian French Toast.
After enjoying the Hawaiian sweet rolls of King’s Hawaiian for many years, I cannot believe I hadn’t yet thought about making French Toast out of their deliciously sweet bread. Thankfully, the chefs at King’s Hawaiian were inspired by the Oscar nominated Les Misérables to share the recipe for their famous French Toast.
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large KING'S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Round Bread
- 1 Tablespoon butter for frying
- Powdered sugar and/or maple syrup for serving
- Slice bread into one-inch thick slices. For larger slices, slice again into halves. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon until well combined.
- Melt butter in large frying pan over medium heat.
- Quickly dip slices of bread in egg mixture, being sure to coat both sides but not soak. Let excess drip back into bowl.
- Cook in frying pan until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve immediately with powdered sugar and/or maple syrup.