So grab a comfy chair in the Gryffindor common room, get your house elf to pour you a foaming tankard of butterbeer, and enjoy!
By far one of the highlights of our adventures at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter was indulging in the magical beverage known as Butterbeer. The sweet, slightly fizzy treat was refreshing and admittedly quite addicting. A frozen mug of Butterbeer was just what we needed to get through a hot Hogsmeade (Orlando) afternoon. This recipe tastes identical to the mythical treat and is easy to make with or without the help of your favorite house elf.
- 3 twelve-ounce bottles of cream soda
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon imitation rum extract
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons sugar syrup
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, until mixture reaches 240 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove sugar from heat and stir in salt, vinegar, butter and cream until melted and fully combined.
- Allow mixture to cool, add rum extract and transfer to small bottle or jar. Sugar syrup can be refrigerated at this point if making ahead.
- When ready to assemble, allow syrup to return to room temperature.
- Combine ½ cup of heavy whipping cream with two tablespoons sugar syrup and beat on high speed until soft peaks form.
- To serve, gently stir two tablespoons of sugar syrup with six ounces of cream soda in an eight-ounce glass mug. Top with a dollop of whipped topping and indulge.
MORE WIZARDLY MAGIC
Photos from Hogwarts and Hogsmeade
Recipe for Pepperimint Toads + Chocolate Frogs
Recipe for Ollivander’s Magic Wands