- I am officially one week out from running my first half marathon! I completed my final long distance outdoor run by checking out the new section of the Bay Bridge this weekend. It’s a brutal 8.5 mile round trip run from its entrance with a good 4 miles of it being a steady incline. The views made it totally worth it and it was a good confidence boost for going into the big day. Pictured above is the spot where the old and new segments of the Bay Bridge intersect at Treasure Island.
- Speaking of San Francisco, Lawyer Loves Lunch posted a warm and fuzzy story on her blog today. It was a welcome change to all of the negative energy focused around the BART lately. There’s an incredibly delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe to go along with it in case I hadn’t already tempted you to go say hello!
- If you’ll allow me to brag on San Francisco just a bit longer, we received our monthly order from Palo Alto based NatureBox this week and I was so excited to see a few favorite items make an appearance – banana nut bread granola and lemon pistachios. If you haven’t heard of NatureBox, they’re a healthy snack company that sends a box of 5 large bags of snacks each month for $19.95 (shipping included). Snacks include granolas, nuts, dried fruits and veggies and are 100% delicious. Use SHARE10 to take $10 off your first order!
- I picked up the new Gevalia Caramel Macchiato KCups at Target this weekend since they were finally on sale. I was pleasantly surprised by this find – the milk packet actually does get frothy and did not leave me slightly underwhelmed like most of the specialty KCup drinks. I was also happy to find that this was not too sweet.
- Java Cupcake baked her first batch of French Macarons ever this week. Not only did they turn out impressively perfect, she did an absolutely amazing job of sharing all of the research that she did ahead of time as well as her personal tips from experience. I’ve officially got the itch to give them a go in our new oven.
What were your highlights this week? Tried any new recipes? Read any great articles?
Let us know! ❤