Out of town friends are the perfect excuse for playing tourist in your own city. Check out the fun I had last week when Barbara Cooks and her husband were in town!
- First stop was a trip to the Golden Gate Bridge to take advantage of the gorgeous weather and take in the views. We were even treated to an unexpected flyover by a formation of F-22s. Check out the slide show here.
- Our tour of the city continued on as we descended the Filbert Steps by Coit Tower and ended up at the Ferry Building for a stroll through the delicious local food vendors. Check out the slide show here.
- While walking down Market Street, Barbara spotted the Minamoto Kitchoan. I would have likely never gone in on my own, but am so glad that we did. I enjoyed a Salted Cherry Blossom Mochi that was incredible. It has taken every ounce of willpower to not jump on the BART just to go get another one.
- A visit to the Ferry Building isn’t complete without Blue Bottle Coffee. I went over the top with an affogato featuring Humphrey Slocombe’s Brown Butter Ice Cream.
- The kind folks at Bee Kind Honey allowed us to sample their delicious local honeys. I have big plans for the Meadowfoam Honey that has “deep candy and marshmallow” tasting notes. I also picked up a small container of chai honey for my tea and of course couldn’t leave without the Le Creuset honey pot that I’ve been lusting after.
Thanks for exploring the city with me Barbara and Martin – I hope to see y’all again soon!