This week we’ve fully embraced the Mardi Gras spirit – check out what we’ve been eating and recipes that we’re dying to try!
- I made the most festive batch spritz cookies to date – Mardi Gras Fleur de Lis Spritz Cookies.
- We had a King Cake shipped to us from Poupart’s Bakery in Lafayette, Louisiana and it is as heavenly as we remembered.
- If I was in Austin for Mardi Gras, I’d totally give this Gluten Free King Cake a try from Gluten Free on a Shoestring.
- I forgot how much I miss pralines until I saw this gorgeous picture from The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie. Get the recipe for Southern Pecan Pralines here.
- If you’re on sweets overload, add some savory with this amazing recipe for Red Beans and Rice from Spicy Southern Kitchen.
If I’ve got you completely craving a Mardi Gras King Cake of your own, Poupart’s Bakery will make one last shipment for orders placed before 9AM CST on Monday or you can always make your own year round with this fantastic mix from Mam Papaul.