5 top food trends of 2015 from the winter fancy food show
A stroll through the vendors of the 2015 Winter Fancy Food Show in San Francisco this week offered insight into where the food instustry is headed this year. Here are the show’s top 5 trends as determined by the specialty food association committee.
Cheese twists – interesting and innovative ways to use cheese
- Products such as manchego cheese olive oil, grilled bacon cheeseburger cheese and cheese flavored ancient grains snacks debuted.
OUR FAVORITE: Peppermint Bellavitano from Sartori Cheese
Breakfast served all day – creative integration of flavors
- Breakfast themed chocolate lines, coffee boosted beef jerky, bacon everything, and cinnamon toast tea emerged at the show.
OUR FAVORITE: Chuao Chocolatier Strawberry Waffle Wild and Cinnamon Cereal Smooch chocolate bars
Time for turmeric – honing in on he alt benefits of turmeric
- Spotted in teas, ginger ale, rice, and super juices.
OUR FAVORITE: Spicely Organics Comfort Tea blending turmeric with cinnamon and ginger
Cruciferous crusade – new super green snacks hitting shelves
- New snacks such as broccoli chips, brussels sprouts chips are popping up as well as creative ways to flavor them.
OUR FAVORITE: Pacific Northwest Kale Chips with fun flavors like pepperoni, Sriracha, and macaroon
Vanilla beananza – focusing on the origin of the bean
- This year brought forth green drinks with vanilla, a single origin line of vanilla bean ice cream, and vanilla bean cheddar cheese.
OUR FAVORITE: Star Kay White offered an extensive line of pure extracts including their NON-GMO 100% Grade 1 Madagascan Vanilla Extract