elegant bridal shower cupcakes with fluffy white buttercream
Turn simple white cupcakes into elegant bridal shower treats with homemade Fluffy White Buttercream and stunning sugar decorations.
I wasn’t kidding when I said that this was a summer packed full of celebrations. When a sweet friend reached out about baking for her sister’s bridal shower, you just know that I said yes! The sister of the bride had sent over a handful of Pinterest ideas focused on white cupcakes with blue decorations for inspiration. I knew that I wanted something simple, yet elegant and these white cupcakes with fluffy white buttercream turned out even better than I could have imagined.
The name says it all; this buttercream is light, fluffy, and absolutely delicious. Bake your favorite white cupcakes from scratch or save time by pairing this recipe with a boxed mix. I’m a firm believer that the frosting is what sets homemade treats over the top and am known to use boxed cake mixes more often than not. For these cupcakes, I gave the Cake Boss Classic White Cake recipe a try and absolutely loved it. The cupcakes were flavorful, moist, and paired beautifully with this Fluffy White Buttercream.
At first glance these elegant cupcakes may seem intimidating to decorate. However, have no fear. Wilton has you covered with some gorgeous White Rose Icing Decorations and delicate Sugar Pearls. I used the Wilton #1M decorating tip to pipe a large swirl of buttercream on each cupcake. Before it had time to set up completely, I nestled a single white rose onto each cupcake and then sprinkled with a few sugar pearls. These pre-made decorations sure make it easy to make bakery-window-worthy cupcakes at home.
These White Cupcakes with Fluffy White Buttercream are simple to recreate at home thanks to a few pre-made elements and this dreamy white buttercream recipe. Are you planning a bridal shower or elegant gathering? Swap out the cupcake liners to match your own color scheme for a delicious treat sure to make anyone feel special!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed and gradually add confectioners' sugar one cup at a time. Increase speed to high for 30 seconds between each addition to fully incorporate and lighten the frosting.
- Once all confectioners' sugar is added, add salt and heavy cream and beat on high speed for one minute until smooth and fluffy.
- Immediately transfer to a piping bag coupled with large star tip to decorate cupcakes.