easy lemon blueberry pancakes + a peek at the new #OXOcookware
Make a gourmet brakfast in minutes with these Easy Lemon Blueberry Pancakes.
Happy Daylight Savings time! Don’t let losing an hour of sleep this weekend be a total buzzkill. Use the extra hour of daylight as inspiration to start the day with a delicious homemade breakfast. Just a few additions to your favorite pancake mix turn your average pancake breakfast into a gourmet affair as the flavor of these Easy Lemon Blueberry Pancakes is as bright as the sun beaming down over these late winter mornings.
As an added bonus, we’re giving you a peek into one of the new lines of OXO Cookware. These pancakes were the first recipe I whipped up using the new OXO Non-Stick Pro 11 Inch Square Low Griddle and after the very first flip of a pancake I was in love. When they say non-stick, they mean non-stick. Not an ounce of butter or cooking spray was needed to effortlessly lift these pancakes off of the griddle thanks to the German-engineered, PFOA-free, 3-Layer, Non-Stick coating. A huge win when you want the delicate or bright flavors of your recipe to remain the star of the show.
Hard-anodized aluminum ensures superior heat retention and even cooking which means that I was able to cook several pancakes at once without worrying that the pancakes on the edges wouldn’t cook through. You may notice the ramekin of syrup and blueberries in the middle of our griddle. We’ve been living microwave free for almost a year now and this has been one of my favorite quick tricks for heating syrup. The even cook temperatures of the griddle perfectly warmed our syrup while our pancakes were cooking. The icing on the cake? If cleanup wasn’t already a breeze, this bad boy is dishwasher safe. Suffice to say we’re in love.
Let’s talk about these pancakes, shall we? They’re easy. They’re delicious. They’re bursting with flavor. Literally bursting with flavor. I looked like I had been victim to a paintball ambush after breakfast the other morning. I was so eager to dive into my stack of pancakes that I didn’t take caution to the perfectly ripe blueberries that were just waiting to attack. A few over-zealous stabs with my fork and knife and I was covered in deliciously sweet blueberry explosions. Sweet, pure maple syrup balances the tart lemon and blueberries just beautifully. The pancakes are light, fluffy, and perfectly browned thanks to the OXO Non-Stick Pro Griddle.
The collection doesn’t stop with just a griddle, be sure to head over to OXO to check out their full lines of Non-Stick, Non-Stick Pro, and 3-Ply Stainless Steel Pro Cookware. With quality cookware at your disposal, the possibilities are endless.
- 1 cup pancake mix (we use Bisquick)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 lemon, halved
- 8 ounces blueberries, divided
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together pancake mix, milk, and egg until smooth. Gently fold in half of the blueberries plus juice and zest from half of the lemon.
- Heat griddle over medium heat until surface is hot. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of batter onto griddle and gently spread into rounds.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until bottom is lightly browned and bubbles rise to the surface. Carefully flip and cook 1-2 minutes more until the other side is browned.
- Transfer to small baking sheet to keep warm in oven until ready to serve.
- Mix remaining half of blueberries with maple syrup and juice and zest of remaining half of lemon. Heat in small saucepan or in ramekins on your griddle until just warmed through. Pour over pancakes to serve.
OXO Non-Stick Pro 11 Inch Square Low Griddle
Two scoops of batter using the OXO Small Scoop yields the perfect sized pancakes
OXO Good Grips Large Silicone Flexible Turner
*We received cookware for review as part of the OXO Blogger Outreach Program. All opinions are our own.