dove heart peanut blossoms
Bake extra love into classic Peanut Blossoms this Valentine’s Day with Dove milk chocolate hearts.
DOVE HEART PEANUT BLOSSOMS
Yields: 3 dozen cookies
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup finely packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- coarse sugar for rolling dough
- 1 package Dove milk chocolate hearts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Cream together shortening, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add 1 unbeaten egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well. Blend in dry ingredients gradually; mix thoroughly.
- Shape by rounded teaspoonfuls into balls. Roll in sugar; place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and place a Dove milk chocolate heart on top of each cookie pressing down so that cookie cracks around the edge. Return to oven and bake for 2 minutes longer.