double chocolate mocha s’mores
Jumbo toasted marshmallows, creamy mocha chocolate squares and rich chocolate graham crackers make the ultimate treat for savoring the last few weeks of summer.
Let’s all take a minute to remind ourselves that contrary to what the return of Pumpkin Spice Lattes may lead us to believe, summer is not yet over. The first day of autumn is not until the twenty-third of September this year and it is still well into the high eighties in our neck of the woods. Thus, as an official reminder, I have created for you the very best s’mores combination that I have ever had the pleasure of stuffing my face with.
When making s’mores one should indulge. Get the very best chocolate you can get your hands on and go big or go home when it comes to the size of your marshmallows. You can go all out and make your graham crackers from scratch, but I find that switching up the honey graham crackers with chocolate is one of the easiest ways to add depth to the classic treat.
The extra large Jet-Puffed S’moreMallows yield the ultimate surface area for toasting under your oven’s broiler – ideal for when you don’t have access to open flames. These Ghirardelli Mocha Squares are an insanely satisfying treat on their own, but sandwich them with a toasty giant marshmallow and chocolate grahams and you’ll find yourself in double chocolate coffee heaven.
Embrace the last few weeks of summer and make some ridiculously delicious s’mores. I won’t even judge you if you pair them with a Pumpkin Spice Latte – I know I did!
- Chocolate Graham Crackers
- Ghirardelli Mocha Squares
- Jett-Puffed S'moreMallows
- Line a baking sheet with half of your chocolate graham crackers. Top each with a single S'moreMallow.
- Broil on high until tops are generously toasted. DO NOT WALK AWAY.
- Remove tray from oven and top each marshmallow with a chocolate square and second chocolate graham cracker to make a sandwich. Enjoy immediately.