chocolate peppermint pretzels
When it comes to delicious gifts that can be thrown together in a hurry, nothing beats Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels.
These Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels have everything going for them with the sweet and salty combination plus a festive kick of peppermint crunch. They can be made, packaged and ready for gifting in under an hour making them a perfect offering for those last minute holiday plans.
This was the first time that I used Paramount Crystals in my candy making and was beyond pleased with the results. They are made of a flavorless palm kernel oil and aid in the thinning of the chocolate. Not only is the chocolate a better consistency for dipping, but it dries smooth with a slight sheen. If you want to make these even easier to throw together, I highly recommend the India Tree Peppermint Crunch. It saves the mess of crushing candy canes and is easy to keep on hand for last minute projects.
- 1 cup milk chocolate candy melts
- 1 cup dark chocolate candy melts
- 2 Tablespoons paramount crystals, divided (optional)
- Mini pretzel twists
- 3 Tablespoons crushed peppermint candies
- Place milk chocolate candy melts in a microwave safe bowl with 1 Tablespoon of paramount crystals. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted and smooth.
- Repeat process with dark chocolate candy melts in a separate bowl.
- Using a small fork or skewer, dip pretzels in chocolate. Tap off excess and transfer to a sheet of parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies and allow to set 10-15 minutes until hard.
- Store in an airtight container or package for gifting.
You can make as few or as many as you need. I like to melt chocolate in small Pyrex dishes with lids so that the excess can be stored and melted again at a later date. Get creative! Try using white chocolates or the festive red or green candy melts as well. Packaging is key – these look gorgeous tied up in a cellophane bag with a festive holiday ribbon or bow.