Get more use out of your cookie press by creating festive holiday appetizers like these Cheddar Spritz Crackers.
Spritz cookies have been a central part of every Christmas cookie plate in our family since before I can remember. I am so excited to have stumbled across the idea for making savory crackers using my beloved cookie press. These crisp, buttery Cheddar Spritz Crackers are simply delicious and will absolutely be making an appearance on our next holiday cheese and cracker spread.
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese (finely shredded)*
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the stand of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream cheese, butter and Worcestershire sauce together until smooth and fluffy.
- Gradually add dry ingredients, mixing until a smooth ball of dough is formed.
- Fill cookie press with dough and spritz desired shapes onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are a light golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to one week.