campfire trail mix
All of the components of traditional s’mores are combined with pretzels and nuts to make a fun summer campfire trail mix.
If one was to take a peek in my carry on bags they would likely incorrectly assume that I was traveling with a herd of small children. I’ve always got an impressive assortment of antibacterial wipes, shout wipes, band aids, pain relievers and other items sure to resolve any sticky situation. More importantly, I keep a mix of snacks chosen to satisfy every craving. I like to have both sweet and salty eats so that I can enjoy whatever I am in the mood for without resorting to expensive airport fare or fast food. This Campfire Trail Mix satisfies both sweet and salty cravings and was perfect for traveling. Based on the flavors of campfire s’mores it makes a fun treat for summer snacking.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups miniature graham crackers
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread graham crackers, pretzel sticks and almonds in a single layer on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place butter in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave in thirty second intervals until fully melted.
- Whisk in the brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Drizzle the mixture over your dry ingredients. Stir gently to coat evenly.
- Bake for one hour, stirring mixture every fifteen minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before adding the mini marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.