autumn mix candy bites
We’re all treats and no tricks with this quick, easy, and festive recipe for Autumn Mix Candy Bites. Perfect to make in bulk and share with your favorite boys and ghouls.
Oh, candy corn. You either love it or you hate it. Or are completely indifferent, yet can eat an entire bag in one sitting. I admittedly get sucked in by its fall charm year after year, but am mostly a fan of the Autumn Mix that brings a little artificial chocolate flavor to the party. If you love candy corn, you won’t believe how easy it is to throw together these Autumn Mix Candy Bites for Halloween.
Only three ingredients and zero skills are needed to make these Autumn Mix Candy Bites. You can make as few or as many a you’d like, but I highly recommend making a big batch to share. Package them up in a festive bag, box, or treat sack and you’ve got yourself the easiest treat to share with classmates, coworkers, and neighbors.
You can either spoon the candy melts into circles or pipe them with a piping bag. I like to fill a piping bag with candy melts about halfway, fold it over, and microwave in 30 second intervals. I knead the bag after each interval until smooth, cut off the tip, and pipe away. This makes clean up a breeze as there are no dishes to wash, just toss the emptied bags.
I highly recommend using a macaron template as a guide if piping round circles tends to be a struggle; just slide it under your wax paper and you’re good to go. These candy bites are delicious regardless of shape, but Ashlee Marie has you covered with a printable macaron template and scrumptious recipe for Chocolate Mint Macarons if you’re feeling up for a fun baking challenge. Don’t get too caught up on perfection, this recipe is great for making with kids due to the low melting temperature of the candy melts.
What are you waiting for? These Autumn Mix Candy Bites couldn’t be any easier – make a batch and spread Halloween cheer today!
- Autumn Mix candies
- Yellow, Orange, White, and Milk Chocolate candy melts
- Cut the pumpkins in half using a sharp knife so that they will lie flat on the candy. Have Autumn Mix and sprinkles ready to go as the candy may set up quickly.
- Melt candy melts in 30 second intervals, kneading or stirring until smooth.
- Pipe or spoon circles of each color onto a sheet of wax paper, smoothing each to about one-inch in diameter.
- Nestle candy corn, indian corn, or pumpkin halves in to each circle and sprinkle with coordinating sprinkles or jimmies.
- Allow candy bites to harden completely before packaging or storing in an airtight container.